World Wide Knit in Public Day 2019
June 8th from 10AM to 3PMPiney Creek Yarn 15422 E. Orchard RdCentennial, Colorado 80016
WWKIPDAY started in 2005 and is really about showing the general public that knitting can be a community activity. We hope to bring together and show all the diversity of the knitting community. It’s not just for grannies anymore, but at the same time, our grannies are a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Join us! We’ll be hanging around outside to show the world all the wonderful things we make with our sticks and string. We will have afternoon tea from noon to 2PM. Games, prizes, music and more all day.
There is no charge for the event but please sign up here, if you plan on attending tea so we can plan and have enough food for everyone. Please also consider bringing your own folding chair or blanket.
Announcing the Third Annual 4-day Knitalong by Marie Green/Olive Knits.
Piney Creek will once again be participating in this wildly popular 4-day challenge. Here are the details and timelines we are able to share so far. We will share all the information as it becomes available.
- The designer is recommending super-wash wool to help with drape and estimated growth after blocking. The pattern is flexible and can be knit with a wide range of fibers keeping in mind you may need to knit additional length if using a non-super wash fiber.
- The sizing is running to fit bust sizes from 32” to 52” with approximately 6 inches of ease. You will not need to round up to get a comfortable fit and if you want a closer fit, just drop down a size.
- The following are yarns we are recommending for this project. We are offering a 15% discount on any yarns pre-ordered and pre-paid by the dates listed. We will have a chart in store to determine yardage, size and number of skeins needed for each of these yarns.
- Sweet Georgia – Super wash Worsted – 5/20/19
- Manos del Uruguay – Alegria Grande 6/6/19
- Ella Rae – Lace Merino Aran 6/12/19
- Juniper Moon Farms – Moonshine- 6/12/19
- Queensland – Tide - 6/12/19
- Berroco – Ginkgo- 6/12/19
- Berroco – Ultra Wool- 6/12/19
- Berroco – Remix- 6/12/19
- Pre-orders must be in by these dates to receive the discount.
- May 23rd - 4 Day KAL Pre-Order Launches. The theme, yardage, swatching information, and photo teasers will be launched to the public.
- June 27th - Full pattern is released
- July 4th - Official Cast-On Day
- July 15th - Last day of the Official Knitalong